How To Be An Awesome Parent
by Kathleen Martin
(Hampton Bays, NY)
Here are my Top 10 Parenting Tips to be the person in your child's life that is a positive influence:
- 1. Be happy! Children are influenced by how you feel more than by what you say. Children want to be happy. Be a person who emanates the feeling called happy. Teach them by example to be accountable for their own life and happiness because that is what you do. Help them to understand that it is more powerful to take responsibility for their own happiness and that it isn't going to come from the outside because the outside is a result of being happy from within.
- 2. Teach them about their connection to their source and that it is intelligence and therefore so are they. Keep reminding them that they have the answers to everything within them.
- 3. Teach them about their emotional guidance. Explain to them that their feelings are guiding them and that when they feel good they are focusing on and thinking about what they want, so keep thinking that thought and that if they don't feel good they are thinking about what they don't want and that they can choose to focus on and think the thoughts that make them feel good.
- 4. Teach them about the Universal Laws and Principles that they are effected by every day. Explain that we live in a world that is made up of energy and that they are energy too. Explain that their feelings are energy that the Law of Attraction is responding to which will bring them more of the same kinds of feelings.
- 5. Teach them that they create their reality. Children know this inherently but can be influenced away from this knowing. Between the ages of 0-6 they spend much of their time in their imagination creating a reality that feels good. When they are imagining that they are a princess or a superhero they believe it. Keep it going. Tell them that they create with their thoughts and feelings throughout their lives and that they can be, do or have anything.
- 6. Teach them to quiet their thoughts. It is called meditation, but all it means is that we are quieting down our thoughts when we do we feel more calm and connected. A child who learns early on how to 'self calm' has the key to living a better life.
- 7. Play with your children. And I mean really play! Release all the cares and concerns and go into their wonderful world of play. It will remind you that you are here to have fun and it will connect you to their energy that knows that fun and feeling good is what we are here to experience mostly. It will also create a bond that can never be broken because you became who you truly are with them.
- 8. Nourish your self and your children with the best food! Please don't make the excuse that it is too expensive to feed yourself and your children the highest quality foods available. We all thrive on pure food, water, and sunshine. They look to us to provide them with these essential elements to living a long healthy life.
- 9. Let them know by what you say and how you express your self that you they are here to please themselves and not you. Project out that you are happy and that they aren't here for you to be happy. Be aware of the words you choose when they are doing something that is causing you to feel upset or angry. Your response is up to you. They will feel from you, that how you feel isn't dependent on what they do or how they behave.
- 10. Allow them to be who they truly are. Unconditional love means just that. They are individuals who came in through you to experience life in their own personal way. Let them express all of who they are without judgement. Be the parent who delights in your child's individuality and doesn't need them to be like you or anyone else.
Kathleen's Website is:Limitless Life Coaching.com